Who we are and what we do
Dr Vikki Powell specialises in psychology-informed consultancy.
When you work with her, certain personal data is collected and held in order to deliver the relevant services. to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy provides an overview of how any data held complies with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), ensuring your privacy is respected and protected.
Obtaining personal information
When you make contact a record of that correspondence is held. You may complete various questionnaires and other forms used to tailor services to your needs. Records of any meetings and sessions in the form of written notes, electronic notes and very occasionally audio or visual recordings, are all held securely. Along with any notes, assessments or reports outside of meetings or appointments, that may be requested by third parties if they are involved inthe contract of service we have agreed.
What personal information is collected and how it is used
The information falls into two categories, Personal Data and, if you are a therapy client, Special Category Data. Although both categories of information are held in order to deliver a service to you, explicit written consent is requested from you when holding Special Category data.
General contact information you have provided and which is used to contact you about the contract or service may include:
- Your full name including title,
- Your address,
- Your telephone number(s),
- Your email address, and
- Online IDs for services like Skype (where relevant).
If you have agreed that we may do so, this information may be used to send you details of services that may be of interest to you. If you are a personal therapy client, you will not be sent any correspondence that does not directly relate to your case unless you have specifically requested information.
General information you have provided and which we use to manage the delivery of service to you, is held. Some of this information enables compliance with legal or regulatory obligations. This information may include:
- The individual or organisation that referred you to us (where relevant),
- Your date of birth
- A record of appointment dates and attendance,
- General and administrative correspondence, and
- Information on the type and location of sessions/appointments.
Emergency contact information
If you are engaged in 1-1 work with Dr Vikki Powell, you will be asked to provide a nominated 'emergency contact' to ensure that compliance with sensible health and safety arrangements.
Special Category data (therapy clients only)
Due to the nature of this service, data relating to your physical and mental health is collected and held. The General Data Protection Regulations deem data concerning health as a special category of personal data which requires specific reasons for processing this data. These reasons relate to the type of services you are engaged with, but it is important to get your informed consent to this data being held. This information may include:
- Your reasons for contacting us
- The name and contact details for your GP
- The name and contact details for other healthcare professionals involved in your case
- Significant physical or mental health details, including medication
- The type of therapeutic service that is being provided to you
- Completed questionnaires and scores
- Correspondence from or to you about your case,
- Correspondence from or to other healthcare professionals about your referral and treatment
- Correspondence from third parties about your referral
- Mobile communications (including texts or WhatsApp messages) from or to you about your case
- Voicemail messages from you or others about your case,
- Writing or drawing or objects that you have produced as part of the therapeutic work, or given to the therapist
- Diagrams produced collaboratively in sessions
- Completed consent forms
- Session notes
- Audio or video recordings of sessions
Information on payments received are held for our financial records. This information may include:
- Your full name and title,
- The date and amount of the transaction
- If payment is made on your behalf, we will need to record the details of the person or organisation making the payment.
Who your data is shared with
Your Special Category Data may be shared with other professionals involved in your case, but we will make sure you are aware of this.
All our team are required to undergo formal supervision. As part of this supervision it may be necessary to discuss your Personal or Special Category data with the supervisor who will be a qualified healthcare or coaching professional, operating under terms of confidentiality.
We use software to securely store and remotely access all our electronic data, including Special Category Data. This software is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation, and your data will not be shared with other third parties.
Your rights under data protection legislation
You have various rights under the relevant data protection legislation. Here is a summary of those rights but please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more.
You have the right to see what information we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You have the right to ask us to correct any personal data we hold about you that is wrong. If you feel this is the case, then please let us know.
You have the right to ask us to erase any information we hold about you. However, this right may be limited by our need to comply with statutory or regulatory requirements for retaining data.
You have the right to ask us not to contact you. This may be for specific purposes or you may not wish to be contacted at all. Obviously, we will need permission to contact you if you are an active client so that we can continue to deliver the agreed services to you.